The Name Of Group:
1. Yudha Pramudya F1032161009
2. Harun Sabrani F1032161010
3. Gani Widansyah F1032161023
4. Jorgi Alessandro F1032161029
- 1. Ways = Kebiasaan
2. Which = Yang
3. Such = Seperti itu
4. Effort = Usaha, upaya
5. Satisfy = Karya
6. Wants = Ingin
7. Concerned = Prihatin
8. Satisfaction = Kepuasan (hati)
9. Various = Bermacam, berbagai
- Employed = Mempekerjakan
- Engage = Mengikutsertakan, menjalankan
- Theoritical = Teoritis
- Consulting = Konsultasi
- Bulletins = Buletin
- Often = Sering
- Wears = Memakai
- Forecast = Ramalan
- Revenues = Pendapatan
- Gains = Kemajuan
- Compute = Menghitung
- Firms = Perusahaan
- Operate = Beroperasi
- French = Orang Prancis, bahasa Prancis
- Especially = Teristimewa
- Those = Itu
- Comfortable = Nyaman
- Assured = Terjamin
- Paychecks = Gaji
- Fringe = Golongan pinggir
- Prefers = Lebih suka
- Flair = Bakat
- Risktaking = Pengambilan risiko
- Growth = Pertumbuhan
- Measured = Telah diperhitungkan
- Regarded = Menghormati, dihormati
- Rather = Cukup
- Ladder = Tangga
- Tycoons = Taipan
Exercise 1. Study the meaning of the following words, then use them to fill in the gaps: monitor, check, and control.
- I’ve Check the documentation and everything is in order.
- Inflation has not gone away but it is under Control.
- We constantly Monitor the situation and if anything goes wrong we take action immediately.
- We apologize for the delay which is due to reasons beyond our Control.
- Economists Monitor prices, compute total output and perform other useful tasks.
Exercise 2. Choose the words with similiar meaning from two columns and arrange them in pairs.
1. Cost (n) = Expenses, outlay (P.1, line 6);
Meaning : Biaya – biaya, pengeluaran.
2. Monitor (v) = Control, manage (P.3, Line 2);
Meaning : Pemantauan, pengamatan, mengendalikan, mengatur.
3. Flair (n) = Skill, Talent, Inclination (P.4 Line 5);
Meaning : Bakat, kemampuan, kecendrungan.
4. Entrepreneur (n) = Employer (P.3, Line 4);
Meaning : Wirausaha, karyawan.
5. Forecast (n) = Prediction (P.3, Line 1);
Meaning : Ramalan, prediksi.
6. Provide (v) = Supply, Equip, Outfit (P.2, Line 3)
Meaning : Menyediakan, melengkapi.
7. Job-setting (n) = Place of Work (P.2, Line 1)
Meaning : Pekerjaan, tempat kerja
8. Liable (a) = Responsible (P.5, Line 4)
Meaning : Dapat dikenakan, besar kemungkinan, bertanggung jawab
Exercise 3. Complete the sentences using the words given below.
- Liable means having the qualities that are needed to succeed as an entrepreneur.
- An Entrepreneurial is a person who sets up business and business deals.
- A Tycoon is a person who is successful in business and so has become rich and powerful.
- The industry will have to pass its increased Distribution on to the consumer.
- The management will Provide accommodation, food and drink for thirty people.
- He has always been Self-employed for his children.
- The Costs of the job include a car and free health insurance.
- He won’t Qualify as an economist until next year.
- An individual hoping to start up a new company needs to have entrepreneurial Flair or talent.
- Unfortunately Forecasts of higher profits did not come true.
- Economists are concerned with the production, Distribution and Consumption.