THE PROBLEM OF UNEMPLOYMENT
And friends I respect
Let us pray praise to the presence of Allah SWT, because of His Grace and Hidayah we are all still given strength, opportunity and health so we can gather here.
On this occasion I would like to deliver my speech entitled unemployment in the economy. As we know unemployment is still increasing every year.
Unemployment is a situation where the number of job seekers is not proportional to the number of jobs available unemployment is a country’s economic problems. Unemployment becomes the benchmark for the advancement of a country because it will not advance a country if its people are still many who are unemployed or unemployed. Unemployment can worsen a country’s economic condition.
Some of the causes of unemployment include:
- The narrowness of employment
- Low education around us
- Limited labor demand
- Low productivity
- Still the difficulty of foreign capital inflows
- Ineffective job market information for job seekers
Unemployment is one of the problems related to economic activities, social relations and humanitarian issues. If this unemployment problem can not be resolved, there will be an increasingly widespread hazard and adversely affect the lives of individual communities, families, and society in general.
The adverse impacts of unemployment on individual societies include:
- Unemployment can eliminate livelihood
- Unemployment can eliminate skills
- Unemployment will lead to social and political instability.
- Increased levels of poverty
- Incidence of criminality among communities
How to Overcome Unemployment
There are several ways to overcome unemployment that can be done, either by government or by private parties, as follows.
- Development of the informal sector such as home industry.
- Development of transmigration program to absorb labor in agrarian sector and other informal sector in certain area.
- Expansion of employment opportunities, for example through the opening of labor-intensive industries in areas with high unemployment.
- Increased investment, either development or investment to establish new businesses that can absorb labor.
- Opening of public projects. This can be done by the government such as the construction of roads, bridges, and others.
- Provide education and training that is practical so that one does not have to wait for job opportunities that are not comparable with the job seekers, but he himself develops his own business that makes him can get a job and own income.
Therefore, brothers and sisters, as students are expected not only to help the State by becoming a scholar who is just waiting for work from related parties. But also must be able to create job opportunities themselves so that later will be able to help reduce the number of unemployed in Indonesia.
So the speech I can convey, may be useful for us all. If there is one word I apologize and I say thank you for your attention.
Wassalamualaikum wr. wb.